Office 365 ProPlus for Students
Thanks to ABU's campus agreement with Microsoft, ABU students can download and install, free:
- Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows 7 or Windows 8, or
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or 10.9 (Mavericks).
If you have an earlier version of Microsoft Office on your computer, you should uninstall that before following these steps.
Free Office downloads are part of Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus services, which are available to ABU students as a result of Microsoft's Student Advantage benefit.
To install Microsoft Office applications on up to five laptop or desktop computers:
- Go to https://portal.microsoftonline.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx
- Under Sign in with your organizational account, where it says firstname.lastname@example.org, enter your university email address (e.g. email@example.com) and password, then click sign in.
- You will see a list of the applications in Microsoft Office. Click
To maintain your license, you will need to launch at least one Office application at least once a month while connected to the internet.
The software will be installed on your computer. Your copy of Office will remain active as long as you maintain your status as a student. Once you graduate or leave the university, you will have the opportunity to keep using the software by paying for a license directly from Microsoft.
Additional Step for Mac Users
The first time you launch an Office 2011 application, you'll see a screen like this:
Chooseand sign in using your university email address and the password.